Monday, August 16, 2010

Save datagrid contents into database?

I'm populating my datagrid from an excel file which the user has uploaded. Now i want to save the whole datagrid into my SQL table. How to do this? (asp/vb.net)Save datagrid contents into database?
because I can't understand very well your question


try to find help from the source and I find there


the idea is to use the datagrid control provided in the toolbox and ';Admittedly, the DataSetGrid control is not exactly the type of control you'd use in every application. It turns out to be more useful for those quick applications that developers often need to build on the back end of a Web site to allow for easier customization and maintainance. In such a scenario, you have no scalability concerns that would prevent the caching of large chunks of data into the Session object. You can pack everything into a DataSet object and bind it to the DataSetGrid control. Quick and effective.';


Whole article:


http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues鈥?/a>


Good Luck!Save datagrid contents into database?
I did this for my database in my site


All you need is to save your datagrid values into CSV values (ASCII file that can be opened in Notpad) and in your MySQL Admin, import that file into you database





Enjoy my profile, I am the VBAXLMan
Save your excel file to CSV (Comma Separated Value) first, then import the csv files with MySQL.





http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/m鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment