Friday, August 20, 2010

I want to build a GUI in visual C++ that will show the contents of a MySQL database. How can I do that?

I want to build a GUI in visual C++ that will show the contents of a MySQL database and then I'll have to add stuff like only showing specific columns when i klik, but I don't know how to add the data to a datagrid (if there is a better option than using a datagrid, I'm willing to try that). I need as detailed info as possible, or link to any tutorials/help or whatever to make it as close to step by step guide, because I'm kind of an amateur in Visual C++. Any tips and ideas are very appreciatedI want to build a GUI in visual C++ that will show the contents of a MySQL database. How can I do that?
Maybe if you are flexible on language you might want to go Java for a first up on GUI design (it transports across languages and Swing is quite nice to use, though Java itself is akin to my semen freezing when I see Chris Hansen). If you were to do this, I would recommend NetBeans and you will also need the ConnectorJ library. Or maybe since you're on Windows take a geez at C#





However, C++ is a fickle language, and it is likely you will need a new library to link into your app to connect to the DB with it (don't worry, MySQL likely have it on their website). If I'm correct in my guess (I'm a Linux guy, so when I write in C I use GTK+), it's likely that each GUI component will have a member function like set_content() or the like with which you can set what ever you need

No comments:

Post a Comment