Friday, August 20, 2010

My GUI problem?

hi,


I've a problem figuring out how to design my website's interface.


I have a menu control that's horizontal..it takes the whole width of the screen and right under it I have datagrid that also takes the whole width of the screen, so my problem is that new items are added in the menu regularly so that means the menu will be too wide for the screen..so I was thinking of converting it to a vertical menu but my problem is that the grid also takes the whole screen so I don't know where exactly to put it so this means it's gonna take part of the width that the grid takes?


So I can't imagine where to put it exactly...any suggestions..maybe some links to websites as examples..





thanksMy GUI problem?
First of all you should use css for the page layout. if you don't wana use them try specifying the width of each td tag in percentages in which you want to keep the display items of your webpage. once you have a stremlined table structure, adding or removing more items from page won't be any problem. using this approach you can have your extra item in either vertical or horizontal part. also you can restrict the datagrid to couple of TD/colums by specifying the the colspan attribute. or you can include the datagrid within the div tag and make the size of div tag smaller than the size of datagrid, so you can have scrollbars around the datagrid to view data and also increasing the space for you.
  • love myspace
  • myspace girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment