Friday, August 20, 2010

I am a newbie in visual basic and i am having a hardtime controling my database using vb as my interface?

would you please help me on how i would code my vb program so that it would accept inputs via textboxes, confirm the inputs using a command button and save it in a database (access via adodc) that would then be displayed in a datagrid.





i already used adodc1.recordset.addnew and adodc1.recordset.update but what i need is a code because im going to use sql statements for queries with certain conditions.





one example is in my login form. I need to query my database using adodc to verify if the logging user is registered to the database. how could i solve this? please help me...I am a newbie in visual basic and i am having a hardtime controling my database using vb as my interface?
Been a while for VB and ADODC but as I recall, click on properties for the ADODC control and a wizard opens. You can select that you're using a SQL query, which kind of database you're connecting to (Access, SQLServer, etc) write the query in a box in the wizard and test the connection.





Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment